Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The view from the edge....


"Experience the exhilaration of the view from the edge"- Sarah Charter




Fear is defined as an emotional response to a perceived threat. It is one of those very basic survival mechanisms we possess to keep us out of  harm's way. But it isn't always logical.

Sometimes, we're presented with the opportunity to experience something completely new.... and unknown....and it can be pretty damn scary. The choice then is to give in to the fear and refuse the opportunity....or step right up to edge, and take the leap.  For most of my life, I have given in to the fear and chosen the more certain path.... consequently missing out on many adventures.  But as I get older, I find that I'm more willing to suppress the fear.... to justify the risks. Oddly enough, I think this is the opposite of the rest of the world. Most take risks in their younger days and grow more cautious with age. But then, I've never done things the "right" way....


So, here's the words of wisdom for today....take a few chances in your life. Don't give in to the fear and miss out on the things that make life worth getting out of bed for. Remember that fear does not equal caution. Face the fear, and then step right up to the edge....and jump. Enjoy the flight......

from the edge of the Dark Side....

*listening to "Livin' on the Edge" - Aerosmith

1 comment:

  1. There is so much more in life that is unknown, rather than known. I love that getting older I have a better appreciation for this. I love that you are trying new things, for me doing it younger has not had the benefits, now the unknown is myself, the scariest thing for me is now taking a stand for what I believe in knowing I will face opposition. Enjoy where you are and experience all you can... live a life that looking back on has mistakes made, rather than regrets of opportunities lost. I am so proud to call you my friend because of who you are :)

    ReplyDelete