Monday, July 19, 2010

Time

Ever noticed that time changes when you're waiting for something? If it's something pleasant, Time crawls, and if it's something not so pleasant, Time flies....But then, in general time flies as I age. The older I get, the shorter each year seems. Looking at my calendar, it's already nearing the end of July...almost August....almost the end of summer. How can that be?  Wasn't it just April a little while ago?

I dread winters. While summer seems to pass in a blink, winters feel like they drag by...and it's not even the cold. I can manage the cold. It's the bleakness. Life becomes only shades of gray, even on the sunniest days. Winter is not my friend. I have had the pleasure of knowing life without winter and it was seldom ever gray.

So, what has brought me to this today? I have 2 occasions coming in the near future, both of the pleasant nature, and I find myself wishing that Time would hurry up. When I was a kid, I wished that I could close my eyes and it would magically be whatever time I wanted. Christmases, my birthdays, a visit from one of my big brothers....But now when I wish for time to hurry, I realize that there is a price. The closer I get to my occasions, the closer I get to the end of summer. *sigh*  Everything has a price....just sayin'....

That's the view from the Dark Side...

*listening to "Time Stand Still"- Rush

1 comment:

  1. Time seems to slow down for me when i am waiting for something, the hours inch by and I find myself itching to fill it with something. The waiting for my beautiful big, fast computer has been an exercise in finding time to fill my brain with apparent activity. The TV decided to die the same week and the expense of replacing it was to great. :( I had these thoughts of talking heaps before starting school and catching up with my dearest friends, but no. I had thoughts of being able to study the material I was taught during the day, at night thru different resources to get it good and sunk in, but no. Thankfully I spent the time well....in the company of some great men, watching them journey into falling in love. Thank you, without the Brotherhood, I would'nt have survived `puter exile.

    ReplyDelete