Thursday, September 23, 2010

To Those Who Have Shared.....

....your pain with me in the recent weeks:


I understand the courage....

For some of you, I opened that door and called you out. And you brought it... Thank you for trusting me enough to be so brutally open with your experiences. Know that your stories are safe inside me forever. I hope that sharing affords you some small measure of quiet. And I hope you realize now that you are not alone...


For those who have reached out to me...the hardest part is watching you suffer through mind bending emotional events and know that I am helpless to change anything. No matter how much I think I can or want to help, I really am only a spectator. If I say I know how you feel, I'm lying.... I don't know. Whatever experiences I bring along, no matter how similar, are just not the same.  All I can do is hold your hand ....and listen a little.... You have to heal yourself. But when all the conversations are done, and every theory, consequence and option have been explored and analyzed, I'll still be here with you, for as long as you need me.

Now I'm going back to the Dark Side...to reinforce the fences, rehang the "No trespassing" signs, and beat back the beasts that threatened to escape when I allowed those gates to be opened...

* listening to "We All Die Young" - Steelheart

No comments:

Post a Comment